- Save trimming time and inventory: supplied ready for use so no time to spend in the trimming room. Handles built-in.
- Competitively priced against traditional and 'eco' caskets
- Next-day delivery to most of New Zealand
Differentiate your business by including the uniquely individual TenderRest caskets in your range -
assist your families to customise their farewells: reflect a special personalit
STOCK UPDATE MARCH 2012 - our Nextgen II caskets are now available - the exterior shape remains almost identical to the original Nextgen - but with many design improvements.
Introducing the Nextgen II casket:The design award-winning bamboo “Nextgen” casket is back in stock, and it's even better, with 10 major improvements based directly on NZ Funeral Director feedback:
- New “ezy-fit” domed lid. Can be comfortably fitted and removed by one person, with no risk of trapped fingers or lid breakage
- Stronger construction. Damage-prone areas such as corners have been redesigned and reinforced, increasing resistant to bumps and bangs in transit and in use.
- Stronger materials. The new laminated material combines a genuine bamboo-veneered external surface with a strong natural recycled core to increase crush and impact resistance.
- Standard sizing. Now in one length, standardised at 6' 1” (1850mm) internal to help reduce your inventory costs.
- Taller sides. Now 20mm deeper, improves sense of “containment”, particularly with heavier people, whilst retaining the closeness and intimacy of the design - excellent for vigils and viewing.
- 1” more depth. Now 25mm deeper, at 13” (330mm) deep, to better accomodate larger frames.
- More luxurious lining. Now with a plush, hand-upholstered mattress in natural wool and unbleached cotton. As green as kermit while adding a sense of luxurious quality.
- Greater handle clearance. Will fit large kiwi hands, and based on our unique ergonomic wooden profile. We defy you to find a more comfortable casket handle!
- Improved looks. All visuals revised, tweaked and improved, from the large (newly rounded lid, inclined casket ends) to the little details (contrasting handle inserts and bright fasteners)
- Once again made in New Zealand. Hand-built in our Petone workshop, where we can monitor the build and quality process and respond rapidly to your feedback.
TenderRest product testing: Following testing, third parties have confirmed that TenderRest caskets are:
No health and safety concerns, no premature combustion.
Strong, and fit for use with hearses, trolleys, lowering devices and crematorium units.
The Deco and Nextgen bases are completely flat. Conifer bases are rounded with flat rails. All ends are strong thick wood and so can be ‘pushed’ into a cremator with force.
No fly ash, ‘clinkering’ or smoke visible, so no emissions concerns.
Whilst 20% extra ash is created by the paperboard, it has been confirmed that this causes no harm to cremation units. Operators simply separate any excess ash or combine ashes.
Wellington Regional Council, council crematoria, emissions testing specialist and funeral directors across NZ are positive about the suitability of TenderRest caskets.
For Full details see the TenderRest Materials Specification sheet.
SUITABLE FOR NATURAL BURIAL
TenderRest caskets are accepted at natural burial cemeteries across NZ. Makara and New Plymouth natural burials sites require 'certification' of caskets - TenderRest caskets are 'certified'.
SUITABLE FOR CREMATION
All TenderRest caskets are suitable for cremation: testing has been carried out at many crematoria, and the caskets have been approved by Wellington Regional Council, are regularly cremated across NZ.
We have had the ash content of the Deco's paperboard tested by one of Wellington's Crown Research Laboratories - CRL Energy Ltd. The test results have been presented to Mr Ron Pilgrim, consultant to the industry and the 'certifier' of crematoria on behalf of regional councils in the Lower North Island, and presented to Matthews, the cremator manufacturer in Florida. Mr Pilgrim has stated that burning paperboard will pose no issue to a cremator.
The Deco will produce slightly more ash than a customwood casket - funeral directors have found that this is manageble, and worthwhile in order to be able to offer the Deco model: solid, affordable, uniquely customisable and also eco-friendly.
WE SELL THROUGH FUNERAL DIRECTORS, NOT DIRECT TO THE PUBLIC
TenderRest are often asked by Funeral Directors whether we supply direct to the public. We adhere to the industry norm and so supply through funeral directors. However we do receive many direct public enquiries about our caskets - asking about models, prices and options. We will ensure a customer is fully informed and can order his preferred choice, then we supply through their chosen funeral director.
Only in cases where a family is not engaging a funeral firm at all, will we supply directly.
We are often asked about pricing - in response we'll state the RRP. We will not divulge wholesale pricing. TenderRest support informed customer markets, and hence transparency on RRPs.
Please don't hesitiate to contact us if you have thoughts or feedback, or to be listed on our Stockists page.